Tuesday 8 January 2013

Love


The prompt for the first January Business Card Fiction Challenge is a picture with a sentence. I got the inspiration for this story last week, when Madeline was crying late at night because she was crook. It fitted the tone of it well, so I shoe-horned it into my entry. The original seed was a bit longer and more detailed, but I think the brevity suits it better.
The prompt
For design purposes, you can squish a lot more in the card space if you paste in sentences individually so that you can rejig the spacing between them - especially if you have some paragraphs. I wanted my card to look sexy not just with font, but with a nice background too, so I grabbed a chunk of this picture. Font is good old Impact. I've got all these lovely fonts I'm gagging to use, but a lot of them don't look so flash in small sizes.

(I'm thinking I should start limiting my introduction to a business card size as well, that might have to be for next weeks challenge).


5 comments:

  1. Both horrifying and sad at the same time. Enjoyed this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that I was given just enough information to be plagued by curiosity and forced to grasp at what horror could have existed between the lines in the unspoken parts of this piece. And your template and font was an excellent choice. Awesome. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. I'm hoping a heap more entries come in soon, I love the concept behind this set of prompts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely shocking, just enough information to reveal the horror of the situation, very poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I'm starting to get as interested in the multi-media aspect of BCF as I am the writing. I'm looking forward to trying out a few more fonts and some other ways to illustrate my stories over the next few months.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete